Subsoil Drainage is one of our specialties! We have the man power, tools and machines to accommodate any size subsoil drainage job!
For information on basement or garage flooding solutions, please have a look at our BASEMENT FLOODING PAGE
COMMON SUBSOIL DRAINAGE APPLICATIONS
- Subsoil to drain Boggy lawns, typically a problem in areas (subdivision) affected by clay. Drainage NZ provide simple subsoil solutions to drain lawn areas, these can be smaller residential areas or larger land sections affected by flooding. Farming solutions also available.
- Around House foundations, older homes typically built on an uneven landscape with high (500mm+) contour differentials have insufficient or non-functioning subsoil drainage around the foundations. Most homes older than 30 years old have existing earthenware field tiles to manage any ground water. Over the years these fields tiles clog and get damaged due to age and ground movement. Drainage NZ can be employed to expose, remove and installed modern approved subsoil drainage systems to replace older style subsoil drainage. Older subsoil systems that are dealt with will most likely cause flooding in lower level areas. Problems and non-functioning subsoil drainage can be identified by mould, stagnating water, discolouring of foundations or pilling. For more information about flooding around pilling and lower level areas, please contact 0800 drainlayer.
- Subsoil drainage around retaining walls. Whether you are retaining within your house with concrete block or simply building an external timber retaining wall, Drainage NZ offers affordable solutions that comply with the relevant standards.
- Subsoil drainage for road works. Auckland city council is very specific about the scope of works involved around roading and relevant subsoil drainage. For more information about council related drainage works, required qualifications, design and installation, please visit our Auckland city council drainage page
Larger areas to be drained by subsoil drainage
Like driveway channels subsoil drainage must discharge into a cesspit or holding pit to clean out any debris before overflowing into an approved point of discharge. When installing subsoil drainage a common mistake made is that the coil installed below foundation or flood level could rise above this level to overflow if care is not taken. This would result in the subsoil areas being flooded up to the point of overflow making the complete installation ineffective.All subsoil drainage must discharge into an approved point of outfall. This can include:
- Existing stormwater system
- Pumped chamber
- Curb Discharge
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MANAGING AND SOLVING A PROBLEM
No one wants to fork out thousands of dollars to fix something that should have not happened in the first place! Unfortunately though cash will always decide an outcome of a repair.
The reality is that we have come across many “quick fixes” that later just cause bigger problems resulting in even more expensive repair work. Before committing to “cheaper” quotes, it’s always good to get other opinions / quotes on the remedy.
Drainage NZ always strive to solve your problem rather than just manage it. We are firm believers that things should be done right the first time! We don’t cut corners and guarantee our work!