Some scenarios include:
* Basement areas designed for storage.
* Basement areas converted into living space.
* Houses constructed on wooden pilling with external blocks wall on foundation.
* Entry areas to houses below ground level.
* Long steep driveways introducing surface water to lower home levels below finished outside levels.
* Garage floors below driveway levels or external ground level
Why does mould need to be cleaned away when it starts to grow?
Small amounts of mould are common in most houses in New Zealand and usually don’t cause any health concerns. However, when mould is left to grow in large quantities it can cause serious health problems. This is because mould releases thousands of very tiny or invisible spores (like tiny seeds) into the air. These spores can cause serious health issues when breathed in, especially for elderly people and infants, people with weak immune systems or people suffering from asthma or other respiratory problems. Some mould produces highly poisonous spores which can be life threatening when breathed in, even in small amounts.
For more information about controlling mould caused by water in your home please download controlling mould in your home or call us on 0800 Drainlayer for an obligation free quote.
BASEMENT SUMP PUMP SOLUTIONS (image to the right basment_sump_pump)
* Residential applications with extreme differences in contour levels.
* Commercial applications
* Commercial underground car parks
* Unique applications
Please note that in some instances consent may be required from your local authority. For more information please contact us on 0800 Drainlayers
Subsoil drainage and waterproofing solutions are very common and effective in remedying mouldy and wet basements. For more information on these systems, please visit our Subsoil Drainage page.